Takumi are engineering experts in the CNC manufacture and assembly of aerospace, medical device, and industrial components.
Located in the Mid-West of Ireland, close to the Shannon Region, Takumi offers the perfect blend of opportunities for you to develop your career while living life to the full in one of the most scenic areas of Europe. Many of the world’s global MedTech and Aerospace brands are headquartered in Ireland, creating opportunities for Takumi and many other companies.
The CNC Setter will be responsible for setting up CNC Milling Machines in the most effective and efficient way to machine parts from design drawings. The CNC Setter will become knowledgeable with all CNC mills, control panels and programming parameter within the company and understand how to read and interpret drawings. Reporting to the production supervisor, the CNC Setter is responsible for completing production processes, in process inspection checks, changing of tooling and operating other equipment as required.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading mechanical drawings etc.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed correctly.
- Be responsible for achieving machine optimisation KPI’s.
- Achieve agreed targets and KPIs.
- Ensure right first-time components are delivered OTIF to customers.
- Take responsibility for addressing quality issues and if unable to resolve, seek guidance from others on how best to resolve them.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to all safety procedures.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement by being inquisitive.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Setting all machine functions, deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance.
- Maintain cleanliness of the machine
- Organizing work area before and after parts are processed, and maintain finished parts in an organized manner with proper labelling and tagging
Key Performance Indicators
- Right first-time production
- On Time in Full (OTIF) deliveries to customers
- Achievement of efficiency metrics (Machine hourly outputs, 6S, Scrap, RFT)
Skills and Attributes
- Proven experience as CNC Setter
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Experience in setting Hitachi, Doosan, Matsuura, Mori or Spinner Mills
- Knowledge of controllers desired: FANUC, SIEMENS and Heidenheim
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication abilities
- Strong team player
- 2-3 years minimum experience
- Flexibility to work overtime to ensure smooth and continuous manufacturing processes
- On – site Parking
- Christmas Bonus
- Early Finish Fridays
- Contribution towards further education
- Upskill training both internal & external available.
- Bike to Work Scheme
Job Type: Full Time
Multiple roles available over both shifts
- Day shift (Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm)
- Evening shift (Monday to Thursday 4.30pm – 2.30pm) Shift Allowance x 1.2
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay x 1.5
- CNC/Milling: 2-3 years (required)
- Experience of working in an industrial manufacturing setting
Takumi fosters an inclusive, equitable working environment. We maintain a welcoming environment
where every employee feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of race, colour, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or age.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your CV to [email protected] or complete the form below.