We are currently seeking an Engineering Graduate for a EDM Programmer/Operator full-time position. The role involves planning, designing and fabricating fixtures, complex tooling and general grinding to assist and support various production departments on wire EDM machine. Plan layout work and sequence of operations utilizing hand tools, precision measuring tools and also perform set-ups to create complex cutting tools, customer install and removal tools. All training will be provided on site .
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Plan, program, set up and EDM complex cutting tools, small production, fixtures, gages and jigs without assistance and minimal supervision to improve quality and efficiency to support various production areas.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Utilise various precision measuring instruments and techniques to measure work pieces.
- Provide and adapt various complex cutting tooling and fixtures to complete machining assignments for various production and support areas.
- Program, set up and run customer tools as required for low volume production run items.
- Set up and operate manual O.D. grinders and surface grinders.
- Complete daily equipment maintenance, to include basic cleaning and lubrication.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve or revise the original designs of complex and intricate types of jigs, fixtures and machines and tooling problems as required.
- Communicate and interface with various departments on ideas, and process improvements.
- Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?