Bombardier Approvals Allow Takumi to Provide Extra Capabilities
Takumi Precision Engineering has been granted additional assembly approvals by Bombardier Aerospace.
These approvals enable Takumi to deliver more value, integrate deeper in the supply chain and enable more value add than simple machined parts. Takumi delivering a completed sub-assembly rather than a stand alone machined part unlocks valuable resources for Takumi`s customers.
The process of acquiring these standards will ultimately strengthen the supply chain.. It did seem a daunting task when setting out on the road to win standards and approvals but it will be well worth the investment in the long run.
- BAPS 145-002 – Electrical Bonding of Aircraft
Limited to Metal to Metal only (P/N C01615430-005/006)
- BAPS 151-001 – Installation of Conventional Rivets
- BAPS 151-010 – Installation of Mechanically Expanding Blind Rivets
- BAPS 151-029 – Installation of Lightweight Threaded Hex-Drive Fasteners, Hi-Lite, Aero-Lite Types
- BAPS 157-028 – Pressure & Environmental Sealing
Limited to wet installation of fasteners, faying surface sealing & sealing applications of bearings/bushes
- BAPS 157-030 – Application of High Temperature Firewall Sealant
Limited to wet installation of fasteners & faying surface of nutplates & sealing applications of bearings/bushes
- BAPS 175-004 – Installation & Retention of Self Aligning Groove Bearings by Roller or Anvil Swaging
Limited to roller swaging – Tooling No’s: CMDST-MS14101-3,
- CMDST-MS14103-6, CMDST-MS14103-8, CMDST-MS14103-10, CMDST-MS14103-12, CMIRP-CMD02281014
- BAPS 175-005 – Installation of Interference Fit Bushings
Limited to liquid nitrogen